Customer Service 866.965.0400

Say you had $3-5K to spend on a fun car...

Marylander

Eagle Talon TSI AWD

This:cheers: Such a fun little car. There was guy in my hometown selling one on craigslist a couple months ago. It was a 95 80k miles TSI AWD, it would not start. He only wanted $500 for it. I called him ASAP and he said he sold it within 5 minutes of posting it. :(

If I had 3-5k I would try to look for a 1993-1998 Z28 Camaro. For 5k You might be able to find a 1996-1999 BMW M3 (which is one of my favorite cars ever). Or maybe a Mitsubishi 3000GT but for 3-5k there is no way you can find the awesome VR-4

This:cheers: Such a fun little car. There was guy in my hometown selling one on craigslist a couple months ago. It was a 95 80k miles TSI AWD, it would not start. He only wanted $500 for it. I called him ASAP and he said he sold it within 5 minutes of posting it. :(

If I had 3-5k I would try to look for a 1993-1998 Z28 Camaro. For 5k You might be able to find a 1996-1999 BMW M3 (which is one of my favorite cars ever). Or maybe a Mitsubishi 3000GT but for 3-5k there is no way you can find the awesome VR-4

The only Talon's worth looking at are w/ 6bolt motors (pre APR1992)

I've actually looked at those with an eye toward making it into a real handler, but Im 6'2" and just can't get comfortable in them (though I could always swap in a racing seat, but m not sure I want to go down that road...)

Cool ideas in this thread. Speaking of subarus, anyone heard more about factory five's plans for a WRX based kit car?

There is a company building Porsche Speedster replicas with WRX running gear, but way more than 5k. I was thinking maybe a Miata for your needs also.

Have fun.

Bruce

There is a company building Porsche Speedster replicas with WRX running gear, but way more than 5k. I was thinking maybe a Miata for your needs also.

Bruce

The Gearz episode on Speed this morning was recap of Stacey building the Banhsee Miata. Very nice looking and it didn't look at all like a "girls" car when he was done! That episode airs again several times next weekend.

I would probably buy an 80's toyota corolla or something of that nature. Then I would terrorize the neighborhood by running over everyones garbage cans. Oh, I've also always wanted to run over those big orange construction cones.

I have problems. :lolsmack:

I would probably buy an 80's toyota corolla or something of that nature. Then I would terrorize the neighborhood by running over everyones garbage cans. Oh, I've also always wanted to run over those big orange construction cones.

I have problems. :lolsmack:

You don't need 3-5k for an 80's Corolla. And yea, you clearly have issues. :lolsmack:

Archived