Customer Service 866.965.0400

WOW I Havent Been This Mad In A LONG Time!!!

DP 08 GXP

I mean no disrespect to you, but that's an immoral/unethical thing to do. It's no different than stealing IMO. :o

Chris

yeah, but the salesman i went to knew what was going on, he was the one that referred me to the tint shop i had it done. and he was the first person i called when i noticed it. he said, don't go back to the tint shop, just bring it to me to look at and we will order a new armrest.

as part of the bumper-to-bumper warranty, anything broken can be fixed under warranty, including some wear and tear items, as long as it is not part of another warranty like rust, emissions, powertrain, etc. other things not included are body damage.

What Is Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage

the dealership shouldn't give you a problem, even if they ask how you think it happened. but there really is no reason to tell them unless they asked, im not saying you need to lie to them. its just like any other warranty claim. you go up there tell them something is broken, they diagnose the problem and fix it as long as its under warranty. and just like other warranty claims, if you go in telling them exactly what you think is wrong, they might mis-diagnose the problem, causing more headache down the road. at least that has been my experience with chevrolet service depts :thumbsup:

Try the BBB, see if you can file a claim and see what happens

when i call back today i will mention that if i dont get a call back i will be going to the BBB so maybe that might light a fire under their butts.

i know where your coming from... when i had the windows tinted in my wife's SRX they did the exact same thing.

i had to take it back in because there were several bubbles and waves in the tint, so i made them fix it. when i got it back the 2nd time, i noticed a tear in the leather arm rest on the passenger door panel. i was furious, but took it to the dealership we bought it, and they replaced the arm rest under warranty no questions asked.

if your car is still under the bumper-to-bumper warranty, it might be worth a shot to go see your salesperson or service dept you bought the car from to see if they can do the same. just tell them you were driving one day and noticed the scratches... remember only tell them as much as they need to know, no reason to tell them the whole story, so they also have an excuse not to fix it.

car has 3000 miles on it so it is still under warranty...i am going to try and get ziebart to fix it first and go from there....if they wont then i may see if the dealership can do anything for me

when i call back today i will mention that if i dont get a call back i will be going to the BBB so maybe that might light a fire under their butts.

car has 3000 miles on it so it is still under warranty...i am going to try and get ziebart to fix it first and go from there....if they wont then i may see if the dealership can do anything for me

GOOD IDEA! i wasn't trying to make the point that you should lie to the dealership in anyway. i'm sorry to anyone that felt that is what i was saying. just be open and honest to them. i would first ask if something like that is even covered before getting into the nitty gritty details with them.

Archived