Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Cracking in the Tub

Z71_Denali

Question

i was out late last night buffing out a scuff in the front of my wife's SRX. she claims a blue bucket popped out of nowhere and she hit it... i think she was texting while driving!

for the record, i have revived my faith in SHR and RP applied by hand with the hex grip applicators!!! got the scuff out no problemo! :bow:

(no pics (white car with a white scuff) i could barely see it to begin with! (thats why we drive white cars daily)) :jester:

anyways, back to my topic at hand...

when i went to apply a coat of APW after polishing out the scratch i noticed the wax in my tub was cracking in the middle. it seems over the past year i've owned it, i've worn through the middle and left a lot of wax on the sides of the tub. :willy:

is there any way to try and "move" some of this wax from the sides, back to the middle safely and fill in those cracks? i'm thinking the best way to do this is melt it somehow and let gravity do the work. :xfingers:

what do you guys think??? i'd hate to be wasteful with a premium wax!

(i love parentheses)

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

I need to put my premium waxes like my Americana inside the fridge next month. It's going to get hot here in Las Vegas.

I Have been thinking of bringing my products inside as well. It was 90 degrees on my way home from Phoenix. Makes for great weather to wash my truck in though :thumbsup:

I Have been thinking of bringing my products inside as well. It was 90 degrees on my way home from Phoenix. Makes for great weather to wash my truck in though :thumbsup:

Man, I can't wait for a 110 degrees day. LOL.:)