Customer Service 866.965.0400

Durango, Enclave, or Highlander

InDepthAutoDetailing

My wife's in the market for a new SUV. She's been driving an 02 Trailblazer since Oct '01.

We've pretty much got it narrowed down to these three. We haven't driven the Ford Edge yet so it may get into the running.

The Durango is my favorite (even though I can't talk her into the Hemi)but it being the first year back I just wonder what the reliability will be.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Len

I'm a big ford fan, but to me the edge has some decent size blind spots. At least that's what I thought when I drove it when shopping for a vehicle. Out of those three, I would go with the highlander. I know a few people that have one and haven't had any problems and love it.

I vote for the Durango. Why not the Hemi? I don't think that there is much diff in gas mileage from the 4.7 & the 5.7. Also the Hemi would be better for re sale!

My wife it too practical. I don't think the 4.7 is an option in the new Durangos. The 5.7 is rated at 14 & 20 mpg the 3.6 V-6 is 16 & 23. I agree with you on resale but she'll probably keep it for a while. She's been in the TB for 10 years.

I would go more with a tahoe or wait a little if you want the Durango. Not so much for the motor but other parts.

The Tahoe is too big. It would barely fit in the garage.

I'm a big ford fan, but to me the edge has some decent size blind spots. At least that's what I thought when I drove it when shopping for a vehicle. Out of those three, I would go with the highlander. I know a few people that have one and haven't had any problems and love it.

We like the Highlander but the Durango and the Enclave are way better on the ride quality. Very Smooth.

My father has a Highlander very happy with it

Same as above.

I'd go Edge or Enclave, but look at a Tahoe, too. Those things are just so freaking useful and comfy.

We still have to drive the Edge. Probably this weekend.

We have an Enclave. It's a 2008 with 101,000 plus miles on it. The only thing we've done is normal upkeep and front struts.

The Enclave is the second quietest SUV I've been in. 1st is the new Explorer which is SCARY quiet and the vehicle I'd buy today if I was shopping.

Very happy with our Enclave though.

Chris

as an ex-Ford sales consultant, I would stick to the Explorer, or if you dont like it, I would go with the Enclave, gorgeous car inside and out.

Those would be my two top choices too :2thumbs:

Not to get into a big debate about American made, not to mention the Highlander V-6 is built here in Huntsville,

but I would prefer one of the big 3.:patriot:

I don't think there is any such animal as a domesticly made vehicle anymore. Most are made somewhere in Canada or Mexico. Auto parts are a worldwide trade, and at least part of it will be made outside the US. Shoot, I believe Honda is made more in the US than the big 3. I believe the only way you'd get 100% domestic is in China.

I'm sure some google search's may prove me wrong, but that's what I though I read a while ago.

if your looking at the Buick Enclave, why not also look at a GMC Acadia. they're built on the same platform, just different styling.

the acadia is available in Deep Blue Metallic

12988008.jpg

and the Enclave is available in "Ming Blue Metallic"

37342351.jpg

if your looking at the Buick Enclave, why not also look at a GMC Acadia. they're built on the same platform, just different styling.

I'm 6'2" and drive with the seat all the way back. Our kids for some reason have these really long legs. Right now the Acadia & Traverse have enough room when I'm driving but a year or so down the road there wouldn't be enough room for the kids ot sit behind me.

The Honda Pilot surprised me. With the drivers seat all the way back (which still wasn't far enough for me) there was only about a 4" space behind it.

Dodge Durango, hands down the best looking SUV on the road - period! Or Jeep Grand Cherokee - second best looking SUV - second period. Engine options?

Go with the best mileage one - third period. It's an SUV for godsake! It aint a hemi-Challenger! HMMM - on second thought, convince her she NEEDS a hemi-Challenger NOT an SUV! Tell her how beautiful she would look behind the wheel of one as opposed to a he-man truck/station wagon clone. And, the Challenger is large enough to be called a "family-sedan".:loser:

Dodge Durango, hands down the best looking SUV on the road - period! Or Jeep Grand Cherokee - second best looking SUV - second period. Engine options?

Go with the best mileage one - third period. It's an SUV for godsake! It aint a hemi-Challenger! HMMM - on second thought, convince her she NEEDS a hemi-Challenger NOT an SUV! Tell her how beautiful she would look behind the wheel of one as opposed to a he-man truck/station wagon clone. And, the Challenger is large enough to be called a "family-sedan".:loser:

Trust me I tried to talk her into a new Challenger, Charger or Camaro. She's just too practical. She even likes the way the new Chargers look. She's just a SUV person.

I'd go with the newest designed vehicle on the road. That being said, Pentastar is going to have a 8 speed trans soon and any of the current lineup with the 5 speed will probably take a hit on residual. Explorer and Edge are new and the only major changes coming are 2L eco-boost power plants for them.

I know Enclave is due for a refresh soon. Its competition are hammering on it now. It's still an amazing vehicle though.

Chris

Get one of these, and you can all drive happliy ever after.....:burnout:

Big rear leg room, by the way.....Don't need a 6.4L, 500hp Hemi? The V6 Cherokees get 23MPG+

Archived