Customer Service 866.965.0400

detailing an enclosed trailer?

Cook

Question

I'm tackling an enclosed trailer this weekend (harley davidson hauler). I've done one before but it was a while back. Any tips? I believe these are shot in single stage paint, correct?

6 answers to this question

Depends on if it's a custom trailer. If it's just basic painted aluminum, it's done differently than most paints are. I've actually seen the painting process and it's more of a rolled on machine process as the aluminum is made. If it's custom, then it could be done by hand and be a two part process. You'll have to test and see.

I'd hit it with revive or FMP depending on whether you're using a machine or hand and then hit with Americana or MSS also depending on machine or hand.

Chris

My plan is to test out a spot and go from there really. I figure i'll just use a white pad. The paint is really dull and faded, so hopefully I can revive it. I cant wax it because he plans to have decals put on it for his company. Afterwards I'll put a coat on though

My Triton has a pretty thin finish without much depth to it from the factory. I wouldn't dare do a lot of heavy polishing on it. I did a light polish and MSW with the PC. A word of caution, don't put a lot of pressure on the PC or you will have nice creases 16" on center. The skin is so thin it will form to the frame behind it. You can, however, make the bare aluminum nice and shiny with some Adams metal polish.

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

Archived