Customer Service 866.965.0400

Am I the only one......

NeonSRT-4

I have a buddy that's the same way... He's got a house and a large garage with a 2 post hoist in it and he owns 3 cars, and 4 bikes. He's either working or working...

I have a wife and a kid and enjoy relaxing for an hour or so before going to bed and watching some TV. I also enjoy the best picture and sound I can afford. I have 3 flat screens (one is for the treadmill), 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, Android phone, 1st gen iPod nano, 2nd gen iPod Touch, 1st Gen and 2nd Gen Apple TV.

I like my tech... It's cold here in the winter...

Chris

I'll take one of those iPads Chris, no need for two.. :P

Wife has to have hers... What's funny is my 7 month old loves to play with it.

He swipes his hands across it and watches the icons move. There are actually some great learning tools on them as well. Even some for special needs children.

It's a neat tool. Plus, instant on and off is nice. The new macbook air offers this as well.

When I was still "in the biz" I had a crazy setup... but watching as little TV as I do we've simplified.

46" 1080p Samsung LED hung above the fireplace

42" 720p Pioneer Plasma hung in the bedroom

Both are running DirecTV HD-DVR's and the stock speakers. Our 42 is starting to act up and I want something bigger downstairs so I'm looking to possibly move the 42 to the garage, move the 46 to the bedroom and get something in the 55-60" range for the main room over the fireplace. Still not motivated enough to install the 7.2 surround system I designed when we moved in.

Oh... and Tanner has a 32" flat screen w/ DVD in his bedroom, but no satellite... its only for watching his movies if he wants to.

Yeah the ipad has some great learning and helping apps. I work at best buy and yesterday a customer came in to look at an ipad. His son was challenged and in a wheel chair. He told me about a speech augmentation app that a girl in his school uses. Does all the same thing as the machines that they use that are $ 5000 he said. The ipad was 500 and the app was around $ 200. Very cool I thought.

I feel naked without my droid lol

who doesn't have a flat screen, HDTV with a DVR and surround sound?

I have 5 flat screens in the house, one in each bedroom, computer and living room. Got away from all those big ugly TV screens with the big plastic backing.

Why do you ask?

It's my master plan to find everyone who has all of that, obtain their address and steal it. :willy:

But seriously...I was just trying to make conversation. Sorry if I offended you with my simple question. Guess I'll stop posting now.

It's my master plan to find everyone who has all of that, obtain their address and steal it. :willy:

But seriously...I was just trying to make conversation. Sorry if I offended you with my simple question. Guess I'll stop posting now.

Why do you think Chris was offended ? Looks to me he was just asking a simple question. Kind of like you did.

Steve, if you can live without the cell phone now...for the love of god don't get one!! I don't care how cheap it will be. The peace you must have at work,and the store is greatQ I;m jealous! If I could live without all that I think my life would be better, less crazy and just plain peaceful!!!!!!!

Good for you!!!!!!

Stop playing games Steve.

I don't think he was playing any games, I see it as a convo starter like he mentioned.

It actually is a good thread, a lot can come out of it.. Its nice to talk about the technologies and who utilizes and who doesnt, what we would do if we didnt have them and what not..

just my $0.02

:cheers:

I don't think he was playing any games, I see it as a convo starter like he mentioned.

It actually is a good thread, a lot can come out of it.. Its nice to talk about the technologies and who utilizes and who doesnt, what we would do if we didnt have them and what not..

just my $0.02

:cheers:

It has nothing to do with the topic of the thread Nick.

Yeah the ipad has some great learning and helping apps. I work at best buy and yesterday a customer came in to look at an ipad. His son was challenged and in a wheel chair. He told me about a speech augmentation app that a girl in his school uses. Does all the same thing as the machines that they use that are $ 5000 he said. The ipad was 500 and the app was around $ 200. Very cool I thought.

I feel naked without my droid lol

Most people don't know this, but the iPhone is the phone of choice for the visually impaired. They have settings in it that allow for easier viewing and use.

Chris

I bought a 32" Samsung from Overstock.com that was reconditioned for like 300 bucks. It was for the bedroom so I didn't need anything fancy. It's just 720P, but it's fine! It looked like a new one too. Plastic protection wrap and all.

Chris

Archived