Customer Service 866.965.0400

First Full Detail on the Mustang

musclejunkie

Question

:patriot:Here is my unofficial review of the following Adam's products used for the first exterior detail on my new Mustang:

Car Wash: - Superb, Outstanding, simply the finest available

DS - Ditto

Clay Bar/DS - Ditto, only very minor, barely noticeable marring. My car before clay was rougher than a night in jail!!!!!

Revive - applied by hand - Dissapointing, did not remove any micro scratches or swirls, nor did it alter or deepen the grabber blue color. On a side by side comparison of my trunk lid...no difference. I'll keep it to clean and prep the hard to reach areas I can't reach with the PC.

BG - Also disappointing, did not enhance the factory finish whatsoever, side by side comparison, but on windows....WOW, I'll keep it just for that!

FMP - Great product, removed minor micro scratches and minor haze beautifully with three passes @ 3.5 and three passes @ 4.8 on the PC.

Americana - Durability? Time will tell, but went on easily and nice wet look finish. Can't honestly say it is the finest or glossiest product I have tried. Would really like Adam's to come out with a clear liquid sealant with added UV protection.

VRT - Biggest surprise product. Tires look awesome, but didn't do much for my hard plastic trim (the trim is fairly new). Rubber fantastic, plastic - the jury is still out.

Undercarraige spray - On a Mustang not much wheel well exposed, but it made what little there is pop. Great!

Glass Cleaner - No streaks, good product for what it is intended for

Microfibers and pads - waffle weave, single white, super plush and blue...Fantastic quality and all cleaned up great.

bucket caddy - I'm 55 and it made detailing the sides of the car a breeze

Hopefully I will be able to post some pic's. Overall, I wasn't too surprised with the outcome of these fine Adam's products after using the DS and Car Wash last fall and winter. For hard clear coat finishes, I think Revive, applied by hand is pretty much ineffective. The VRT is probably best on weathered trim as opposed to new trim, but is incredible on rubber. Sorry if I offended anyone with the few negative points - just an honest assessment.:rockon:

Just a couple observations.

Using clay will induce marring, it is just the nature of the beast, always polish after using clay.

Just curious, where did you come up with running FMP @ 3.5 and 4.8 on the PC ???

Also Revive is not designed to remove micro scratches or swirls, it is a pre-wax cleaner, you shouldn't expect to see a difference on a side by side.

Archived