Customer Service 866.965.0400

Noob with clay questions.

Pic

Question

Hey all, new guy here, finally got my Adams clay bar a workout and while it did a nice job I'm still feeling some junk on the paint(baggie). I also think I managed to introduce some micro scratches somewhere along the process, not real sure how to handle that, but to my question how many times will I have to clay before I get mirror?

Oh I've been loading up on the forum video's and general info for the past 3 weeks so I'm pretty sure my technique is close, but then again I've got micro scratches so nevermind, treat me like a noob.

lol.... We all learned at some point. OK just so you know, clay WILL NOT polish the surface to a "mirror". It will remove the contaminates though. Micro scratching or marring is fairly common with using clay. Make sure you're using plenty of Detail Spray as your lube though. Watch the videos again and then watch them one more time. lol

Depending on the severity of the marring, you may need a D/A polisher to get rid of them.

You stop claying when the baggie test comes back feeling smooth!

Chris

Welcome!!!

Once you clay the surface it will still seem rough. The clay is just to pick up surface guck that washing couldnt get. Once you start polishing thats when your paint will feel really smooth. At least thats how it is for me.

Archived