Customer Service 866.965.0400

Father/Son project.

NeonSRT-4

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was supposed to do the father-son build with my dad and it never came to light. The car is still sitting under a tarp in the same place we put it when we got home when I was 15 (24 almost 25 now). All we did was buy a crate motor and its in 1 of the sheds with the other cars we have rotting away. It is a 74 Barracuda, all I ask is whatever it is you complete it. To this day it kinda hurts a bit to see the car sitting there and knowing that it was something not to get done. I am so thankful for my family in other ways and what they have sacrificed for me, but this really hurt and still does. Even if it looks like a bucket, if it runs it will put the biggest smile on his face. I keep telling my dad we need to sell that car to do other projects but he insists it will be done one day... Keep your word if this is the intention and have all the fun in the world with it. He will remember it for the rest of his life.

The idea behind this project is not to build a classic musclecar but to build a car that we can cruise in and be proud to show off, while be unique.

Let's just say...I think we found the perfect platform to start with.

Good luck on the project and like a few have said, spend the time to finish it. No broken promises, make it fun and enjoy retirement with your son. Like me you have probably spent most of his life away at sea. Make the most of your time with him.:cheers:

You are correct.....of the 23 years I served....15 years of that was on sea duty. This project will be completed I can tell you that. Spending time with him is something that I enjoy and wouldn't trade it for the world.

68-70 Plymouth Roadrunner :burnout:

Those arn't cheap cars at all, not quite 70-71 Barracuda range but those and 68-70 chargers are the next on the list in terms of cost.

If its a mopar, I would build a dart, demon, duster and probably in that order. I love 68-70 Darts and I saw one at a swap meet this weekend I would have loved to have, it sold for 7grand I believe with the paint and body looking flawless, only downfall was the leaning tower of power.

1967 thru 1972 Chevy pickup. Classic styling, very popular, increasing in value, lots of parts available. Low initial investment and restoration cost.

Thats a sweet truck!

1978 Trans Am.....

Those are all great ideas!!

Archived