Customer Service 866.965.0400

excessive wear on pc pads

bjoeaull

Question

I'm maybe 80% done with my first paint correction and noticed a couple of my pads are starting to seperated from where they meet the velcro part. Its really bad on the green one, and I can really see it pulling away from the buffer when I'm running it, kinda flaps away from it. Am I doing something wrong possibly that caused too much wear on the pads that anyone can think of, don't want to ruin them on my first use! haha

I did notice tiny green pieces coming off sometimes, nothing major though.

Were these "tiny green pieces" foam or dried polish? If it was polish, then you're using too much polish. If it's foam, did you catch the pad on a corner or washer nozzle?

You also talked about the pad pulling away from the Velcro part. Do you mean the black pad backing is pulling off the foam? Or the pad is pulling off the PC/Flex backing plate?

A lot of things here that are unclear.

After some research, I do believe I was using too much product. And Its hard to say if I was using too much pressure, maybe at times. I was spraying it down regularly as it was starting to dust pretty bad. I did notice tiny green pieces coming off sometimes, nothing major though. It was probably just my newbness as it was my first time using it.

Oh your talking dusting...Mine is actually starting to rip. I'll be calling Ashley Soon

After some research, I do believe I was using too much product. And Its hard to say if I was using too much pressure, maybe at times. I was spraying it down regularly as it was starting to dust pretty bad. I did notice tiny green pieces coming off sometimes, nothing major though. It was probably just my newbness as it was my first time using it.

I'm getting ready to order the entire set.

So is it just the green pad?

I used the orange on 1 car, my suv and my truck, passed it through hell and back, after cleaning it the pad looked good as new.

No issues with the orange pad.

Call Adam's and talk with Dylan or Ashley, sure they'll help you out.

have you DS'd the edges or just the center? was there maybe a little too much product being used? have the pads been wet yet? it may lie in your technique, maybe pressing too hard?

its also possible it could be a defective pad.. as it is rare, it does happen.. maybe some more experienced people have some better solutions/answers as to why..

/my $0.02

Archived