Customer Service 866.965.0400

If you have a girl who won't let you buy Adams...step in

StormChaser

My wife doesn't run the finances. I do. THANK GOD!!! lol

I spend what I can afford to spend. If I can't buy it, I don't.

She likes some of the Adams stuff and loves it when her car is clean, so it's not really an issue.

Chris

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I'm the breadwinner my wife is the keeper of the checkbook. I'm lousy with money and I readily admit it. She on the other hand can make a dollar bill shriek as she stretches it and stretches it. Today when I presented her the receipt & the cash for the Adam's Weekend Special, she said a very very naughty word and no it's not one you're thinking of.

The worst part was she already knew I had the stuff, how'd she find my hiding place?!? :help:

This weekend I'm detailing her '07 TBSS, so the bad word will be replaced with hugs and kisses. I'm going to make those wheels SHINE!:rockon:

Well....I think any good marriage is based on trust and good ole compromise. I am not a girl that is a clothes shopper so much, but many ladies are. If guys buy some Adams....then the ladies can buy a new pair of shoes when the budget allows. Give and take.

Now I agree with Brandi....so the best thing for us is to have a man who enjoys detailing too! Ha ha

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well....I think any good marriage is based on trust and good ole compromise. I am not a girl that is a clothes shopper so much, but many ladies are. If guys buy some Adams....then the ladies can buy a new pair of shoes when the budget allows. Give and take.

Now I agree with Brandi....so the best thing for us is to have a man who enjoys detailing too! Ha ha

Exactly.

When I heard folks in PA seriously say they had to hide this...I was FLOORED! When I find that right person, I seriously hope that he will be able to understand my hobbies.

If I can't be honest about stuff - it's not even worth it to have him in my life.

Yeah I'm like you. I don't have a clothes/purse/jewerly/makeup fetish. I spend money on car parts and stuff to take care of our cars. I'd rather go to a ball game or a car meet instead of a shopping spree. :glasses:

my wife is really good about our finances.. if we can afford to do something, we do.. she doesnt make crazy purchases without talking to me first, and I do the same..

We're in the same boat. I can't tell you how thankful I've been that we have the ability to discuss larger purchases. She's saved me more than I can count just by getting me to really look at what it is I need or want to purchase.

I'm one of the girls here who is into cars, too. My husband was kind of take it or leave it until he got his own MINI about a month ago. Now I he's using all my good towels and product. At least he won't complain when I buy more, now!

I did try to hide my new exhaust. It worked for about a week until I stupidly offered to drive somewhere. I was totally busted. Of course as soon as we got home he has me showing him which brands I looked at and where to find them on youtube.

Annette

Take her to one of Adams clinics. Last year I took my wife and sister-in-law to Grabiaks and spent the weekend. They got to meet Adam and enjoy a good meal with some nice people and learned a lot about what we do. We now get no complaining about what we buy. They now use detail spray and apc cleaning house. They don't use window cleaner as that is my job. They also understand why we don't use brand x from wallmart. just my 2 cents.

Thankfully, my wife is a car gal too. It's funny that at some of our get togethers, all of the other wives and girfriends will go shopping or have a spa day while the guys "play car", but my wife hangs with us for the car stuff. I get no grief about buying parts, supplies, detailing products, and the like. I've started to get a little grief about buying the cars themselves!

- Darryl

Archived