Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

For those that think the economy is in the toilet. I am not seeing it. I have never seen it this busy this early. Usually see this kind of volume 2 weeks before Christmas. Never the week after Thanksgiving. Thought I was out late, and was almost home. Saw a guy going back to the building still, and it was 2130. I know between travel time and paper work he had another hour left.

We went to the company Christmas party; medium rare ribeye, double baked potato, greens and good conversation. My staff and I were the only department with 100% attendance. :banana:

Saw a drunk driver on the way home but unfortunately had left my cellphone at home.:mad:

Got to check out this car:

2013-chevrolet-caprice-ppv.jpg

My neighbors brother works for Motorola and dropped by on way to return this for more testing. His has a clear light-bar and Motorola badging under the "POLICE" sign. Oh, and "NOT IN USE" stickers in the windows, as he got tired of everyone backing up behind him! :D

The front has 'ruff duty' seats & floor coverings, and a minimized shifter area to allow room for the computer, radio equipment, and between the seat gun mounts. Front and rear facing camera's, plus more cameras in the led lights that are mounted onto the light-bar. Those units also contain RF cameras to 'see the bad guys' without turning on the lights. The goodies inside also include voice-activated radio and computer, license-plate recognition & tracking software, and a steering-mounted radio call button.

In the trunk is a pullout tray where computer and camera storage is mounted.

Not a bad looking ride!

i got invited out today to go florence, az and do box canyon road, martinez canyon rd, and the coke ovens, etc. had a pretty good day until the last mile of the trail coming to cochran rd. like tring to drive a semi through a straw. really tight trail. my flex and pc are going to have a lot of work ahead of them.

took some decent pics - only had my iphone.

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

and my personal favorite:

IMG_1265.jpg

Edited by 2008fx4

i got invited out today to go florence, az and do box canyon road, martinez canyon rd, and the coke ovens, etc. had a pretty good day until the last mile of the trail coming to cochran rd. like tring to drive a semi through a straw. really tight trail. my flex and pc are going to have a lot of work ahead of them.

took some decent pics - only had my iphone.

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

and my personal favorite:

IMG_1265.jpg

Awesome pictures! What're those small little house things?

Went to breakfast with the wife, then did some Christmas shopping. Spent a few hours trying to bridge an Airport Extreme with the modem that I have and crashed the internet. Got all back and running, but not with the new router. What a PITA. Have an appt. with Apple on Saturday for them to see if the one I have is bad or if there is another issue.

Awesome pictures! What're those small little house things?

copied from here:

Florence coke ovens - DesertUSA

Florence was no lady. Rather, she was a community in south central Arizona Territory, home to a rough breed of frontiersmen who produced coke – not the beverage or the illicit drug, but a charcoal product – from the mid-nineteenth century to the early twentieth century. She was a rough and tumble western town, with robberies and murders occurring on a regular basis. True to her heritage, the town is now the location for Arizona's state prison for hard cases.

The surrounding mountains still harbor evidence of by-gone days. The coke ovens are among the historical remnants. They are located on a site which overlooks the Gila River, approximately 15 miles east of Florence.

There are five ovens, wonderfully preserved, surviving in an area so remote and so nearly inaccessible that the lack of disturbance is easily understood. The ovens were used to reduce mesquite wood to coke, a hotter burning fuel, for use in smelting gold and silver ore taken from surrounding mines. The beehive-shaped stone coke ovens are each about 25 feet in diameter and 30 feet in height. Each has a ground level entry and a few upper level vents. The mesquite wood, burned slowly in the ovens for days, yielded the coke. The new fuel was then transported directly across the Gila River to the community of Cochran (now a ghost town) and the smelters.

There are five ovens, wonderfully preserved, surviving in an area so remote and so nearly inaccessible that the lack of disturbance is easily understood. The ovens were used to reduce mesquite wood to coke, a hotter burning fuel, for use in smelting gold and silver ore taken from surrounding mines. The beehive-shaped stone coke ovens are each about 25 feet in diameter and 30 feet in height. Each has a ground level entry and a few upper level vents. The mesquite wood, burned slowly in the ovens for days, yielded the coke. The new fuel was then transported directly across the Gila River to the community of Cochran (now a ghost town) and the smelters.

That's awesome, bet it was cool to see those up close. Too bad my GTO won't get me back there haha

Edited by AZGTO

Donny whats up with the new avatar? Tow truck????

Yeah figured I would change things up a bit since I had the other avatar for years. Car is fine, just threw a belt a few months back and had to get it towed home. Apparently the stock tensioner doesn't like shifting at 7000 rpm.

Been back home in Southern California since last week catching up with old friends and family along with showing my wife my old hood along the beach. Even decided to take her to the original Disneyland since she's only been to Disney World.

All in all we had a great time but I'm ready to get back home to CT tonight and get back into our routine........and be able to stay updated here on the forum too!!!

We've been doing some work in the kitchen... We just have to take possession of the new induction range and Saturday the electrician is coming over to hook up the cables we ran for the under cabinet lights. I also bought all new door handles for the house. Our goal was to have this all done by the 12th and it looks like we will have all but the range done. :2thumbs:

So we replaced all the cabinet hardware, new counters, removed the old tile back splash and replaced with new glass subway tiles, new range, and of course under cabinet lighting. This really made a HUGE difference in the kitchen. MUCH needed IMO.

TONS of FUN!

Next week at this time I'll have a new son! :willy:

post-30-136818091496_thumb.jpg

post-30-136818091529_thumb.jpg

post-30-136818091541_thumb.jpg

post-30-136818091549_thumb.jpg

post-30-136818091557_thumb.jpg

Very nice Chris ..amazing how some upgrades make a huge difference.

We just finished renovating ours. Very satisfying & well worth it at the end.

All the best to you and your wife with the coming birth of your son!

I came home from the office to find that my mother in law dropped off something for the girls:

IMAG0152.jpg

Yup, a drum set. :willy::willy::willy:

My brother in law bought them on a whim and they've been sitting in her garage for over a year.

BTW: Abby is the drummer. Caitlyn was only interested in her Hello Kitty coloring book

Laid out my detailing collection

Wrote up a list of what all I need. Should be good and broke after lol

I hope one of the things was APC to clean those pads, and a large garbage can to toss all the stuff that doesn't say Adams on it in! :lolsmack: