Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

BBQ a whole chicken on the BGE, and another one on the NG Weber on a rotisserie. Turned out pretty good. Then went out and washed the DD. No sooner did I finish it started to rain.

Isn't that how it works?

I came down to NC to visit with my sister and spent the day at my dad's house who lives about an hour away.

^ Nice truck! ^ :thumbsup:

I seem to have developed fisherman's elbow (tendonitis), so the poles got a rest this morning. We've had 2.3" of rain since Thursday night so the Booboo van and the G8 Gt got a bath/Detail Spray wipe down first thing this morning. The TBSS is in our garage for Mama and I to detail the interior this afternoon...it needs it!!! No rain in the forecast until next week so after the TBSS gets it's bath later today we'll see how well my rain making ability works. :jester:

I started the day by giving the Mercedes a much needed bath.   (It has rained so much here lately hard to find time when it was not raining).   Then I worked on some landscaping, worked in the vegetable garden, did some paperwork for the office, and now surfing Adams Forum.

2008fx4 I like those lights. 

put an old set of rigid industries dually d2s on the raptor

we had a fun Labor Day weekend. Friday, i did a Fantasy Football draft with some friends. Saturday we hung out by the pool, BBQ'd some baby backs, and watched college football. Sunday we went to see "We Are the Millers", hilarious, then i went hunting with some friends for opening day of Dove season. we bagged 42 birds between 5 of us. Monday i detailed the Escalade, then hung out by the pool again, and made some jalapeno Dove poppers with pineapple cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, and coated with honey BBQ sauce; they were, as my wife puts it, "Amaze-balls!" not really sure where she picked up that term :lol:

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

I got up at O'dark:30 and went bass fishing. 6 in 20 minutes and one more in the next 40. Day at the office was the usual thing then came home got the children fed and outside to play until Mama came home from the office. She had a bad day and sent me out of the house for some quiet time with the little ones so guess what I did? Yup went fishing again, got 5 more in about 30 minutes. Then I got home and had a shot of Canadian whiskey in a Canadian shot glass in memory of our Canadian friend Jim (Nordgrey) McNeill that left us a year ago today.

God rest your soul Jim.

li-hmcs-charlottetown-51432.png

I gave the G8 a competitor's no rinse wash. Then while my wife and twin girls joined the neighbor and her niece for a girls night out at the Sandwich Fair I went...wait for it...FISHING! I got 17 in 2.5 hours. The girls had a blast seeing and petting livestock, going on rides and munching on goodies, especially Funnel Cakes and cotton candy.

foto-Funnel_cake.jpg

Funnel cakes. Yummmmmmmmmm. drooling-homer-simpson.jpg#homer%20simps

• 2 weeks later...

Well not today but a few days ago..

1969 Ford F100 Ranger w/ a 302 (not sure where it came from)

558620_10151621223232314_1621082911_n.jp

I replaced the battery Sunday..  There's a few other things that I'd like to get done sooner than later..

My FIL picked up an '82 El Camino SS w/ 26K miles and offered to sell me the F100 that he used as a DD for about 6 years..  This became a great opportunity to have a classic vehicle in my driveway that I can pay over time with zero interest..  

Last night actually...  I worked on the back of my G8...  I bought (from a member here) one of those hand held lights that mimic sun and man I love/hate it.  lol  My car is BAD!  I spent a couple hours on just the back of the trunk lid with my Flex and the PC with the 4" pads.  WOW is it bad!  

I've got a LOT of work to get done!  I need to focus...  

I got hired by the neighbor to do an exterior correction on his wife's black Toyota Highlander. I hope to be starting on it no later than 8 AM. I'll start with a two bucket strip wash then clay followed by whatever the test section says. I've got my pads, polishes, sealant and waxes ready to go in the garage right now. Since it's her daily driver I'm going Quik Sealant topped with Americana.

Oh, did I mention this is on one of my vacation days. :loser:

I really need to get a life. :lolsmack::help:

Hmmm, maybe this should have been posted in the "You know you're a detailer when" thread.

I got hired by the neighbor to do an exterior correction on his wife's black Toyota Highlander. I hope to be starting on it no later than 8 AM. I'll start with a two bucket strip wash then clay followed by whatever the test section says. I've got my pads, polishes, sealant and waxes ready to go in the garage right now. Since it's her daily driver I'm going Quik Sealant topped with Americana.

Hmmm, maybe this should have been posted in the "You know you're a detailer when" thread.

Your either nuts, or have a wife with no honey do projects on the list.  I'am on vacation myself this week and anything I feel needs to be done can wait, or should have be been done last month when I was off.  

On a side note, dropped the truck off at the dealership for repair work and picked up my DD that I dropped off on yesterday at another dealership.  Trying to make the garage more organized for the wife.  I know where everything is.  Not sure why she doesn't.  I can tell you if a screwdriver is missing.

Your either nuts, or have a wife with no honey do projects on the list.  I'am on vacation myself this week and anything I feel needs to be done can wait, or should have be been done last month when I was off.  

On a side note, dropped the truck off at the dealership for repair work and picked up my DD that I dropped off on yesterday at another dealership.  Trying to make the garage more organized for the wife.  I know where everything is.  Not sure why she doesn't.  I can tell you if a screwdriver is missing.

I have vacation next week, and have at least one detail scheduled.  It was going to be a red C4 but he changed his mind and wants his red Chevelle done instead.  i may do my truck later in the week.

The honey do's can wait a few more weeks when it is cooler! 

I'm going home to cut the grass!  I haven't done it for 4 weeks due to some surgery I had. It was nice watching someone else do it, but I don't like paying for it, plus it looks better when I do it.   :)

just got back from the doctor... he's putting me on blood pressure meds and i'm going to have a cholesterol test in the morning, and i'm seeing a cardiologist in 2 weeks for a stress test. heart disease runs in the family.... i officially don't enjoy seeing the doctor anymore :(

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

Rain today.  So I spent the day doing errands.  Picked up some new paint for the exterior doors.  That is all the painting I have on the outside.  Disposed of some old paint at the hazardous waste facility.  Picked up some neoprene rubber for the dog door off the garage.  They want too much for replacement flaps, so I will make my own.  Thinking this stuff won't tear as easily either.  

just got back from the doctor... he's putting me on blood pressure meds and i'm going to have a cholesterol test in the morning, and i'm seeing a cardiologist in 2 weeks for a stress test. heart disease runs in the family.... i officially don't enjoy seeing the doctor anymore :(

That doesn't sound like fun, Ryan.  Getting old isn't much fun.  When your young, you think your invincible.  Then all those things you did when you were younger catch up to you.  I even try to instill in my kid that what he eats and does now will affect him in his later years.  I have my eyes checked every other year and at one time it was 20/15.  Still better than 20/20 now, but I notice it as I get older.

Your either nuts, or have a wife with no honey do projects on the list. I am on vacation myself this week and anything I feel needs to be done can wait, or should have be been done last month when I was off...

How 'bout both? The Highlander is done. I'd say the correction level was up over 95%. The rock chips are still there along with a handful of RIDS but from five+ feet away it looks awesome! I started at 8:30 AM and finished about 5:30PM. Strip wash, clay, competitor's MF system ( 2 passes compound, 1 pass polish) glass sealed and SVRT on tires and trim. Then the neighbors had us over for cocktails (Maker's Mark 46 and Coke) and dinner, yum!

post-1747-0-38369500-1380201915_thumb.jpg

post-1747-0-75929300-1380202037_thumb.jpg

Edited by sportredmistress

Same here...I had the stress test first.  Since i had been exercising (StairMaster) for several months it took 16 minutes to reach my target rate.  But my BP was still high, and I have been on BP and cholesterol meds for about a year.  Doc keeps tweaking my cholesterol meds, and i go back in 3 weeks to see were where the new numbers are.  Mine is hereditary too, but I still exercise 3 times a week and watch (mostly) what I eat.

No side effects for me so far!