Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Woke up feeling great that I don't have to go to work for  a week.  Got some things to do before winter around the house and just relax.  I do however wish that I were on another adventure, like the one in May.  Every time I look at those pictures I have the desire to go back.  

Went to the Weather Tech store in Boringbrook, I mean Bolingbrook and got a complete set for the booboo van. Tonight is an ice cream social for the twins kindergarten....and my car is still dirty. No fishing tomorrow, gotta clean my ride!

I just priced a complete set for my Dodge truck at the Chevy dealer where I bought the SS.  $169 for a full set F/R?  That seems cheap to me!  Taking the Nestea PLUNGE!  I will look on el Adams first, unless they got out of that bizzness without my knowledge.

Edited by IrishCurse

Cleaned the interior of the G8 a few days ago it was the dirtiest it has ever been before; washing it tonight after it cools down some. Diesel had his first prolotherapy treatment last night and was in quite a bit of pain but he feels all better today! So were going go head off to get himsome bones to keep him entertained for a bit

FIRST TIME!!!  I washed, clayed, Revive polished, Quick Sealed, Brilliant Glazed and Buttery Waxed the WRX today.  I have never done this before, and it worked out ok.  It's not perfect, but it looks great to me! (Pics in the "What Did You Polish Today" thread).

Edited by Hot_Wheel

I was out the door and at the pond before it started getting light out. Seven largemouth bass and a jumbo crappie, all in all a good morning. All three vehicles are clean so I'll have to look for something to do today. It's too nice out to sit and do nothing.

My mom stopped by late morning so we sat on the deck, had coffee and conversation. After she left I spent the afternoon with my family. I hung some laundry on the line, yes we still do that. Nothing like bed sheets dried on the line. Went to Menard's then to BP to fill the tank on the G8 GT. As you can see by my Fuelly icon below I'm averaging 17.2 mpg for the last 6 months. As I'm getting older higher mpgs are appealing to me more and more. I've looked for the past year at several replacements for it and the time may be here... I topped off the washer tanks on all three vehicles with the bug juice. All in all a nice leisurely afternoon

BTW: I'm watching one of the neighbors washing his white SUV with one of those wash mitts that looks like a mop head. At least it's white and will hide his sin! :)

Edited by sportredmistress

Crawled under the truck to change the oil and found a warranty issue to add to my to do list this week.  Nothing serious.  I could fix it myself, but let them fix the oil pan leak.  And change the oil while they are at it.

LOL, Paul.  Your getting old like me.  It is funny that you feel as you get older MPG become more important.  My wife gives me grief about driving my CRV, but I get around 30 mpg back and forth to work and it goes well in the snow.  Averaged 32 mpg at 75 mph when I went to the Grand Canyon in May.

Did inventory on my microfiber towels and applicators. Put all my MF towels in new large plastic containers. Reorganized my detailing collection. Did some homework and later will BBQ some chicken legs and watch Oblivion

Took my kids back to their mom after an eventful weekend of Chuck E Cheese and that new Disney movie Planes (Cars was better IMO). after getting back tonight I gave the Stang a bath and found that I had managed to seal in some brake dust on the wheels. So they also got stripped, cleaned, and resealed. I ran out of light and time so I'll be getting up early to check my SVRT, reapply to my tires, and to give it a nice DS wipe down before heading to work. Now it's bath time for the pups and myself, then bed.

Spent the day at the dealership getting the oil pan leak fixed under warranty.  Expected to have them look at it and come back, but they offered to fix it right there.  Had to pick up some new work shoes in the same general area and a 2 inch fence post for DirecT.V.  Don't want it mounted to my roof.  Also made another appointment to have my DD driver looked at on Wednesday.  Knocking sound in the front right.  No, it isn't a loose shock.  

Edited by LFairbanks

I was on the pond by 5:15 AM. Over a dozen largemouth bass including one 15" and one 16". All were caught on either a wacky rigged baby bass Tiki Stik or on a  huckleberry 4 1/4" Chomper Salty Sinker.

Wife: "How was fishing?"

Me: "I've got my bass thumb going on." Shows wife bass thumb.

Wife: "Good for you!"

I'm taking Wednesday through Tuesday off so the cars will get some lovin' and I'll get some more fishin' in before it gets cold again.

We got a heat wave coming this week so I plan on some top water action at dusk and before sun up. I'm like a kid in a candy store... :banana:

This past weekend we went up to my Parents house for our RI Family Baby Shower..  

We drove up Thursday and didn't hit an ounce of traffic..  

The weather was great..  I shot the Shower, still need to review and edit..  

After the shower, they surprised me with a Birthday Cake that my Mom made from an idea off Pinterest, twas yummy!  We then put some wood in the fire pit and enjoyed the remaining and additional company..

Sunday morning we went out to breakfast.. then slowly packed up and left around 12:30 and hit a BOATLOAD of traffic throughout CT on the way back.. 

It was a great weekend!

Noticed leaves on the hill are getting a tinge of yellow to them.

When I washed the G8 the other night I pulled leaves from the trunk and hood margins.

This morning went fishing on a pond to the south for the last time. A few days ago I saw some a#%*^% fishing in other people's back yards. This afternoon they posted it as No Trespassing... Caught two 18" largemouth bass and seven smaller ones. Tomorrow I plan to knock on a few doors down there and offer to trade a car wash and wax for fishing access. I figure the worst they can say is no, wish me well. Of course I will Waterless Wash the G8 before I go. Heck, I may even use the last of my BSG on it for that extra bling.

Guess what I did this morning? Yup, went fishing. 3 bubbas and 12 regular sized pond bass (10-12"). I'm on vacation 'til next Tuesday so car stuff in the offing and relaxation as well. I'll still have 11 more days to take before year end or I lose 'em. Tonight I'll raise a glass to my Dad who would have turned 83 today. He left us at 57 which was way the hell too early.

Guess what I did this morning? Yup, went fishing. 3 bubbas and 12 regular sized pond bass (10-12"). I'm on vacation 'til next Tuesday so car stuff in the offing and relaxation as well. I'll still have 11 more days to take before year end or I lose 'em. Tonight I'll raise a glass to my Dad who would have turned 83 today. He left us at 57 which was way the hell too early.

Haven't been fishing once this year, haven't even bought my outdoorsman renewal.  Very sad, but thats part of the gig when you get married, seems every weekend has gone to planning...almost there.

Haven't been fishing once this year, haven't even bought my outdoorsman renewal.  Very sad, but thats part of the gig when you get married, seems every weekend has gone to planning...almost there.

If you have kids, kiss the fishing goodbye for a while.  Unless you don't mind leaving your kids home with mom.  I found hobbies around the house.  My yard is one of them.  

Or you can do like me and go before they get up in the morning. I'm home in time to rustle them out of bed and help get them ready for school. If I were to go in the waking hours I'd be in the dog house for sure! I am taking one at a time this weekend with a cane pole and some little worms. I'll get them hooked early like my father did with me.

On my time off I spent the day Thursday with my wife, no fishing. We went to her office together, had lunch, came home and enjoyed quiet time before getting the girls from kindergarten. I washed he TBSS that night to get the Chicago expressway road grime off. Friday morning I went bass fishing and got 19 in about three hours time. Went shopping and spent the rest of the day with my wife again. Last night the TBSS got rained on along with my G8...oh well.