Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

I put the summer wheels and new tires on on Saturday and yesterday was my first real drive in it. I found that the balance was off which gave me a wicked wheel shake. I had the tires professionally installed so needless to say I was PISSED! I would have to remove the wheels and take them back which is a ROYAL PITB. Anyway, I thought to myself; "maybe I should check the tire pressure". Yes, I was a moron and forgot to check when installing them. I had other things on my mind and let it slip... So I checked and found them all to be different. I removed air to factory specs and HOLY COW if it's not 99% better. They were as high as 45 PSI. 39 back 36 front now and all is well....

Long story sorry... I was just amazed that pressure would impact it THAT much.

Replaced the water pump in the Ole mighty Cummins! Of course the Dodge part of the truck decided to turn my ABS pump on continuously! :help::help: So now I have to get that fixed pronto!! Got love it!!! NOT!!!!

Sounds like you need this t-shirt:

fig,baby_blue,mens,ffffff.u1.jpg

Looks great Geoff, gotta love the Summer set ups!!

yeah i like it. probably on a couple years at most left on the tires, going to have to come up with some money for new tires and wheels. thinking something 20x10 5in bs probably in black with the raw metal colormatched red but open to chrome/machined (so i can use tons of metal polish haha) and some nitto trail grapplers

busy day for me... i had a board of directors meeting this morning, then i took the rest of the day off to watch the gunite get sprayed into the pool!!! i'm ready for this mess to be cleaned up!!!!

null_zps94f9c2ab.jpg

That pretty much sums it up!! It's my second Dodge pick-up, so it's not something new!

I don't want to hear this!!! :banned:

I have a 1500 on order and you're scaring me!!! :D

Honestly though I only need it to last and be reliable for three years. :2thumbs:

I love my Trail Grapplers, would definitely buy them again.

yeah i know a few guys that have them and like them. biggest thing is what wheels to get. that and im going to have to keep up on the underside and the rust. i really dont want to get the frame sprayed but i see no choice.

I put the summer wheels and new tires on on Saturday and yesterday was my first real drive in it. I found that the balance was off which gave me a wicked wheel shake. I had the tires professionally installed so needless to say I was PISSED! I would have to remove the wheels and take them back which is a ROYAL PITB. Anyway, I thought to myself; "maybe I should check the tire pressure". Yes, I was a moron and forgot to check when installing them. I had other things on my mind and let it slip... So I checked and found them all to be different. I removed air to factory specs and HOLY COW if it's not 99% better. They were as high as 45 PSI. 39 back 36 front now and all is well....

Long story sorry... I was just amazed that pressure would impact it THAT much.

mine are all at 40psi, but i get the wheel shake around 60mph pretty good. that and i dont have tpms in the summer set so i get the nice "check tire pressure monitor system" message on the dash every time i start it lol.

mine are all at 40psi, but i get the wheel shake around 60mph pretty good. that and i dont have tpms in the summer set so i get the nice "check tire pressure monitor system" message on the dash every time i start it lol.

I get that notification all winter. What's the first thing I did when I started the car after installing the summers? Hit the button to disregard the warning... lol force of habit. :D

yeah i know a few guys that have them and like them. biggest thing is what wheels to get. that and im going to have to keep up on the underside and the rust. i really dont want to get the frame sprayed but i see no choice.

air them down to 35 and see how she rides ;)

there is a common misconception that bigger tires require a higher tire pressure. its all relative to there max pressure rating and load capacity. if the load capacity of your tires is relatively close to the stock tires, go with that pressure rating.

a simple way to figure out the proper pressure, set the tire pressures at different psi's about 5 psi apart. do 40, 35, & 30, but make sure the front 2 wheels are the same. draw a line across the tires with some chaulk. drive a couple miles with as few turns as possible and then look at the chaulk line to see where it is worn the most. if the center is worn, there's too much air and you need to let some out. if the edges are worn the most, then you need to add some air. :2thumbs:

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

Looks like half of the patio job is done. The other half is putting the pavers on top of this. I guess this is a new way to put down pavers. It's WAY less money to do it. It's a concrete like substance that doesn't get as hard as concrete. ???

Kind of psychedelic looking! lol

Odd that it uploaded the pic sideways seeing it wasn't that way on the computer.:willy:

post-30-136818103285_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't, toyos are alot better ime

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

I haven't tried the toyos, the grapplers are my first set of mud tires so I don't really have anything to compare them to.

My buddy has the toyos on his lifted ford and he loves them though.

I haven't tried the toyos, the grapplers are my first set of mud tires so I don't really have anything to compare them to.

My buddy has the toyos on his lifted ford and he loves them though.

Toyo owns Nitto.

think of them as Toyo being the premium brand and Nitto being the generic brand. there tread patterns are very similar; however, Toyo's in most cases will out last the Nitto's, and have a smoother ride. but you gotta pay to play ;)

BFG's are better than both though :)

I've had three set of KM2's when i had my Tacoma and not sure how you use your truck off road but nothing IMO comes close to the BFG's. The tread clears real easy for mud tires they ride smooth as hell and just as quiet as an all terrain in most cases. On the rocks it is essentially a channeled Krawler T/A lug pattern/sidewall and just bit the rocks. These were also suprisingly good in the sand hard and soft deep stuff on the international sea shore on Padre Island here in Texas.

Also got 50k+ out of each set rotating and balancing them every 5,000 miles. The Tacoma had a habit of throwing weights all the time.

About the only other mud terrain ive liked is the hankook dynapro M/T but its not as aggressive as other mud terrain tires on the market.

Whenever im in another truck i'll be buying some KM2's for it! would recomend to anyone and everyone.

Pulled the door moldings off the Firehawk. Found they were previously cleared over. A little razor blade and wet sanding knocked it down. We'll get to perfect soon.

ja8ahegu.jpg

asatasyt.jpg

I don't want to hear this!!! :banned:

I have a 1500 on order and you're scaring me!!! :D

Honestly though I only need it to last and be reliable for three years. :2thumbs:

You should be fine! Dodges do go through blinker fluid and muffler bearings like crazy though!!:lolsmack:

Mine is 10 years old, and the only things that I've touch are ball joints and HVAC. oh and water pump!!

You should be fine! Dodges do go through blinker fluid and muffler bearings like crazy though!!:lolsmack:

Mine is 10 years old, and the only things that I've touch are ball joints and HVAC. oh and water pump!!

Well I've already got a new muffler for it so the bearings shouldn't be an issue. Blinker fluid shouldn't be bad as I drive 95% highway, but I have a 5 gallon container of it in the basement. :D

I really can't wait to get it. I want to get started on the G8 and not having the truck is holding me up some.

Well I've already got a new muffler for it so the bearings shouldn't be an issue. Blinker fluid shouldn't be bad as I drive 95% highway, but I have a 5 gallon container of it in the basement. :D

I really can't wait to get it. I want to get started on the G8 and not having the truck is holding me up some.

I had an 04 1500 4x4 - loved it. Then bought a new 1500 2wd in 07. Still own the 07 and it has been a great truck. Of course yours is alot more advanced. I work with a guy that has a 05 that he bought new and only thing he has replaced was throttle body. I think he has around 160,000 miles or so.

Would love a new one, but it is nice with no payment!

Took a Photography Class tonight.. looking to learn more about a hobby I love! Found a wicked good Groupon deal a couple months ago and finally redeemed it..

Wholesale Photo in Midland park??