Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Hi Nathan, I was out and about today when I saw this and thought about you! Make sure you zoom in on the car

It turned out great! No yikes! Yikes for the rest of the car though, it had so much bonded contaminating that you could feel and hear it so bad...

Gave the Vette a bath and some love today.  Suppose to rain the rest of the week, so no point doing the dd, but the weather will change soon enough. Took out some hedges, filled holes, planted grass, and had a barbeque chicken for supper.  Watching the Pens tonight and hoping they wrap it up!  LET'S GO PENS!!  

Finally finished correcting my Ram 1500 crew cab. Spent 2 days last week doing the drivers side 2 doors and hood front bumper. Clay followed by 3 step correction, then 1 coat of paint sealant. Today I was able to do the passenger side 2 doors and the roof. Did 4 step correction on the 2 doors as I had some pretty nasty scratches on the 2 doors from a flagrant/rouge shopping cart. Got most of the scratches out. Will probably need a wet sand and re-polish but it cleaned up about 85-90% with the 4 step. Then sealed the doors and roof.

Next week I will pull each wheel, thoroughly clean the rims and barrels and then seal them. Will also put a second coat of sealer on the entire truck.

Pollen season is here and it's killing me...literally and figuratively. Allergies are raging. Truck is constantly covered. Can't see all the hard fine work I have put into it.

Edited by Firebuff17

Gave the Vette a bath and some love today.  Suppose to rain the rest of the week, so no point doing the dd, but the weather will change soon enough. Took out some hedges, filled holes, planted grass, and had a barbeque chicken for supper.  Watching the Pens tonight and hoping they wrap it up!  LET'S GO PENS!!  

Well, it looks like we are on to game 7.  44 saves for the Senators !!! that was just an insane performance by Anderson.  Pens could not buy a shot. 

Cleaned the ol girl up for the first time with Adams wash n wax.

Attempted to clean the tires which I believe was a failed attempt...the first two pictures are the clean tires they still appear to have your VRT in the grooves. The last two pictures are the tires with tire shine on them

If you all can provide any help on getting my tires cleaner please do so this is what I did to clean them tonight

i scrubbed and scrubbed til i thought my arm was going to fall off and i couldnt get the old VRT off. How do you folks accomplish this?? The first 2 pics are after i cleaned my tires with 10 ounces of tire and rubber cleaner, at least 10 ounces of all purpose cleaner, about 20 ounces of purple power degreaser and two different brushes one very stiff brush and one softer wheel and wheel well style brush. I spent about an hour on all four tires.

post-15891-0-37052300-1495853544_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-74794000-1495853553_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-42080700-1495853568_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-12522700-1495853580_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-24191700-1495853589_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nickfire20

Cleaned the ol girl up for the first time with Adams wash n wax.

Attempted to clean the tires which I believe was a failed attempt...the first two pictures are the clean tires they still appear to have your VRT in the grooves. The last two pictures are the tires with tire shine on them

If you all can provide any help on getting my tires cleaner please do so this is what I did to clean them tonight

i scrubbed and scrubbed til i thought my arm was going to fall off and i couldnt get the old VRT off. How do you folks accomplish this?? The first 2 pics are after i cleaned my tires with 10 ounces of tire and rubber cleaner, at least 10 ounces of all purpose cleaner, about 20 ounces of purple power degreaser and two different brushes one very stiff brush and one softer wheel and wheel well style brush. I spent about an hour on all four tires.

All that work did pay off. They look great, Nick. I recommend you move your question and pics over to the Wheels and Tires thread, where you'll likely get a faster response. Briefly, though, I make one, two at most, passes on each tire with TRC and the tire brush. VRT is water soluable, so you may have cleaned way more than you had to.

Had to work today - so I fired up the smoker and did a little Low~n~slow on a couple racks of ribs, chicken, and sausage just in case I got some hungry customers. No customers today so now I'm stuck with BBQ.

:drool: :drool: :drool: Feel free to head about 1000 miles northwest!

Edited by falcaineer

All that work did pay off. They look great, Nick. I recommend you move your question and pics over to the Wheels and Tires thread, where you'll likely get a faster response. Briefly, though, I make one, two at most, passes on each tire with TRC and the tire brush. VRT is water soluable, so you may have cleaned way more than you had to.

Gotcha and thank you, after I posted I was wondering if i cleaned them so well they were back to new shine, haha

I've cooked in almost every state in the US as well as Canada. I love to cook BBQ just tired of eating it! I've been competing for about 15 years.

Thats awesome! I love cooking, but i keep it in the family, they love my ribs!

Keep up the good work!

Picked up a new whip!

My son was in an accident, and decided to take my wife's car vs. buying a used car, so we went car shopping!  Our usual Honda dealer is now a "no haggle, low price posted" place and we got a good deal on a 2017 Accord EX in dark grey.  The salesman was ok with my "don;t touch it" request.  It had to be delivered from another dealer, and he called to say it had love bugs on it and offered to clean them off, again 'no thank you'.  But this meant I had to clean it ASAP.  (Love bugs have acid in their bodies that will eat into the clear-coat if not removed).

I will do a little write-up on the 'What did you detail today' thread.

I have not purchased a new car in over 14 years, and was amused with the 20 minute audio system tech walk through!