Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Watched the F1 race at Monza (I had forgotten that track is in Gran Turismo), then washed the wife's car to be ready for a trip out to dinner tonight (1905 salad - yea!). I am now enjoying my free day of NFL Sunday Ticket, with GameMix (only 8 games at once) and Red Zone Channel.

This morning we had our Company Picture today..

This evening we went to the Hawthorne Gospel Church for a Memorial Service..

297259_10150285028122314_558222313_7947433_1864972977_n.jpg

Went to the clinic in Ohio and wrecked my car, almost dieing, on the way home.

glad to see you're ok..

I loaded up the trunk with all of my detailing arsenal and headed to the home of my employer of the last 28 years. On Tuesday AM his 30+ year old garage door opener stopped about 3/4 of an inch from letting his silver 2010 Lincoln MKS AWD through unscathed. There was weatherstripping scuff marks from one side of the roof to the other. I gave it a quick bath to start then got to clay barring the car with Adam's Clay Bar and Detail Spray. For the scuff marks I ended up using Meguiar's M105 on a 6" Lake Country orange CCS pad followed by M205 on a 6" Lake Country white CCS Pad. ( When I exhaust my Meguiar's compounds/polishes I'll replace them with Adam's, unless Dylan tempts me sooner with one of those Daily Specials, ahem, HINT!) The rest of the vehicle was in great shape so it got a double coat of Adam's Americana Paste Wax. The interior got a light cleaning and the glass got sealed with Adam's Glass Sealant. Tires got SVRT as well. No pics, I was there to knock this out and get back home. I ended up spending 4 hours+. About 45 minutes of it was us two chit-chatting. I grabbed an ice cold beer out of the garage refrigerator before I left, I think it was A&W... cool2.gif

Drove back to Atlanta from Tarpon Springs (Tampa). Whew. 9 hours with stops.

The A8 is a wreck! While down there, we went through some torn up roads, so we sort of went muddin'. There's mud all up the sides, tree crap, bug guts, tons of road grime, and typical interior trip trash.

I'm hoping for a 3-day detail 'event' this week to clean her up and do paint correction.

Really bad. Not totaled, almost though. Front bumper is scratched, passenger fender is unrecognizable, passenger door scratched into the metal and the door handle is pushed in about 3 inches. Then the passenger rear fender is totally flat against the car. The "hip" is a crumpled, flat looking angle, and the rear bumper is pulled out about half an inch to the right. I'm thinking at about 500 bucks a panel, 3 panels = 1500 bucks. Then 600 a panel to paint it brings it to 3300. Then, if I replace the front bumper, there is 300 more dollars, and to paint it is another 600. To stripe it maybe another 50, since I already have the vinyl. That is 4250. No clue how much to fix the rear bumper, but I'll guess at another 100. The wheels and tires didn't even get scratched somehow, so no problems there, but the mirror exploded and blew glass into my face (I am still picking it out of my hair) because the window was open. There is another 150 for the mirror, and I don't even know how much for the mirror glass. I'm going to guess around 4600 dollars just for parts and paint. To have them installed? I don't even know.

last night i at the biggest burger in my life:lol:

Cheeburger Cheeburger | All Natural Angus Burger Restaurant

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_3" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="466"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">

</td><td class="td2">

</td></tr></tbody></table>2011-09-17_19-51-43_946.jpg

and a shake....

2011-09-17_19-43-29_684.jpg

and how bout some fries:

2011-09-17_19-50-47_566.jpg

burger was 20oz with mozz cheese, onion rings, grey poupon, sauteed onions, jalepeno, lettuce, bacon and other things i forgot. 32 oz shake was smores cookie dough brownie batter.

place was called cheeburger cheeburger. they had 380000 combos of shakes, like 40 toppings for the burger and it was all hand made 100% angus beef, and good fries/onion rings with some sweet dipping sauces. got my picture up on the wall with my buddies for finishing the pounder challenge. needless to say i havent eaten since then because i havent been hungry. 3 of those burgers, 3 shakes, and that basket of fries in total from the 3 of us was around 110000 calories, 700g of fat, 900g carbs, 314g sugar,450g protein

corrected the paint on my hood:

-waterless wash

-clayed

-5 passes with Flex (first 2 were on speed 3 instead of 5 so I had to start over)

-Dr. Color Chip repair ~20 spots

-Sealed

-Waxed

-Cleaned up everything

Trunk and hood done. Roof next in a couple of days.

So that was about 5 hours.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Nursed a sore back from re-building my deck (15x15) yesterday, then nursed a headache from drinking a 6 pack afterward when some friends stopped in to sit on the deck with us. Mowed my acre of weeds, put away all of the tools/saws/leftover wood from yesterday, made breakfast, made dinner and watched football.

Not a bad day. Wish I had more like them.

296259_1779391945133_1849468657_1176191_1019754784_n.jpg

Today I met up with 20 other G8s down in CT.

DSC_0420.jpg

DSC_0459.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0416.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0430.jpg

Also had my car strapped to dyno for the first time. 350hp/351 ft-lbs of torque :burnout:

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AF6HLYuqOeA?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've been catching up on this fine forum. Yesterday I did a monster of a detail. I have plenty of before and after pics, but those will stay unposted until I feel the need to show off my skills :D I got to keep a contest entry car in my back pocket.

Today I met up with 20 other G8s down in CT.

Also had my car strapped to dyno for the first time. 350hp/351 ft-lbs of torque :burnout:

Nice! Sounds like a fun day!smiley_spinning.gif

It looks like White on G8s is very popular.

Today I woke up to the alarm clockhipnotize.gif, woke the 14 yr old up, brushed my teeth :D, turned on the morning news292_animated_person_watching_scary_.gif, made coffee, let the dogs outsidedog.gif, told the 14 yr old to hurry upcute.gif, poured a nice warm cup of coffee, let the dogs in, sat in the recliner with my coffee, booted the 14 yr old out the door, took a shower, dryed my hair, woke my husband up, got dressed, drank more coffee, fed the dogs, walked out the door for workcleopatre.gif, stopped at the gas station and then arrived at work.:jester:

I'm tired already. 1sm362monster-under-bed.gifofftobed.gif

:lolsmack: