Customer Service 866.965.0400

Put in my first Adam's order.

tony.steve

Question

Just ordered my first order of adams products.

I ordered the PC car polisher accessory kit. I found a good deal through a friend of a friend on a pc so saved some money there.

anywho i got a couple questions.

This will be my first paint correction. I will be doing it in my garage It has a good amount of sunlight because my garage doors have windows in them and It's always facing the sun. but I still think I need a good light to see everything that needs correcting. What do you guys have or recommend for a beginner on a budget?

Also the truck I will be correcting is my 02 chevy fullsize step side and the only issue I think I will run into will be my cowl hood and my bed sides. I dont know if the pads will be the right size to get into the fender wells and all on the hood. the truck isnt in horrible condition but I can see the swirls in the right light and it bothers me. Should I try it with the normal sized pads or should I go ahead and order the 4in kit?

Thanks for any help you can give me. This is the friendliest forum I am a member of rather it be detailing, audio, automotive, or whatever random forums I frequent.

I plan on being addicted and am already thinking I need the detail spray collection.

10 answers to this question

For a light, you can usually go to like Sears or Lowes and get a nice double halogen light for under $50. This is what I use:

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/452116-halogen_2_in_1_twin_head_tripod_work_light.html

I'd use the 4" pads in the tight area's especially since its a step side. Using a 7" pad in that small area might be a hard thing to do.

I am now officially more poor. Thanks Adam! haha

I just ordered the daily special of the gallon of APC and extra bottle and funnel and I ordered the detail spray collection.

More than likely next pay check will be SVRT, In&Out and under carriage spray.

I got my adams products in and I bought a couple 500 watt work lights from lowes. Got some questions though....

Should I wash my single soft microfiber towels before hand?

Also, with my polishing pads should I do anything to them before hand? Or just rip them out if the bag and get to work?

Should I wash my single soft microfiber towels before hand?

Also, with my polishing pads should I do anything to them before hand? Or just rip them out if the bag and get to work?

Always a good idea to rinse the towels before using them. Pads are ready to rip. :pc:

Archived