Customer Service 866.965.0400

Upholstery shop in Mass?

Cook

I need to replace the carpet on the lower section of my door panel. I was going to buy a new door panel but as you can imagine theyre over $300. I looked around car-part.com and ebay.com to find nothing that interested me. So now I'm on the hunt to find an upholstery shop that can replace that lower piece for me. Anyone in the area have a recommendation?

I already pulled it off, but im not sure where I can buy that piece of carpet. I'd like it to be the same as the interior (color/material). I doubt GM sells it. Thats why I figured I would have an upholstery shop do it, that way I could have everything match and they could guarantee it not to peel off

Guest Jay.B

Have you checked with any local salvage yards? Even if it is a different color of interior, you can buy the upholstry paint that can match the factory color. I have used it before on that piece of the carpet on the door. It worked well and I never had any problems with the dye rubbing off. Just a thought.

As a matter of fact, check out latemodelrestoration.com That is where I got my paint and they have factory matched colors for the chevy/gmc trucks along with many replacement parts.

Have you checked with any local salvage yards? Even if it is a different color of interior, you can buy the upholstry paint that can match the factory color. I have used it before on that piece of the carpet on the door. It worked well and I never had any problems with the dye rubbing off. Just a thought.

As a matter of fact, check out latemodelrestoration.com That is where I got my paint and they have factory matched colors for the chevy/gmc trucks along with many replacement parts.

yeah ive checked on car-part, which searches junkyards. Latemodelresto I checked as well. I think I'm just going to go to the dealership and buy a whole new panel since I want it to be mint.

Im from whitman, My brother recommended superior interiors in Hooksett, NH and a friend recommended Stitches in Lawrence, MA. Theyre both a pretty good drive from where I am. I may just go to the dealership and buy the new panel after I check with this shop I found near me.

Archived