Customer Service 866.965.0400

Newbie from Springdale, Ar

tony.steve

New guy here from Springdale, Arkansas. Just now starting to get into auto detailing. Was born and raised in my dad's auto body shop but never really got into it until the last year or two because I have been in to the car audio side of the industry.

I have a 2002 Chevy stepside regular cab that I would really like to start learning how to do professional quality detailing on.

I must say that the people on this forum are some of the nicest I have seen on any forum.

But here is my truck

520982735_photobucket_38233_.jpg

Whenever this snow and bad weather gets over with and dried up I will take some better pics. I have a small amount of swirling and trash in my paint.

I now have no adams products so I really want to pick up a good collection by spring. I was thinking about getting the premium detail kit because it has product to clean everything (wash, clay, polish, wax, wheels under carriage, and interior and glass, plus it comes with pc and what not).

I do have a couple questions, How many mf's do you guys usually buy and since my truck is a step side would 7.5" pads get into the inside of the wheel hubs well enough or should I hand polish those spots. As an experience stand point i would probably feel more comfortable hand polishing those areas.

Thanks for any help you guys could give me.

The kit is a great idea, I wish I had gone that way - saves money.

I think on the MF setup, I would get either more white Double Sided Double Soft towels, or add in some of the white single soft towels - I hate to run out during a detail, or to finish a detail and have none available until I wash them all - add in another 4 at least (my two cents). I probably am not as efficient in my towel use as some others here on the forum.

I also would add in a gallon of Detail Spray and another clay bar (in case you drop some and have to toss it), and you will be in good shape. You will use a good amount DS during the claying, (everyone does) and you have a lot of surface on a full size truck.

Thanks a lot guys. Like I said the people on here are super nice. Now a days a lot of forums are full of shadetree pros and are not helpful to the beginners.

I have a bunch of left over mf's that are the cheap autozone variety I just figured I would keep those for engine, jam, and interior detailing till they go bad.

Do most people still use the two bucket system although they are going to clay bar and do a paint correction?

Do most people still use the two bucket system although they are going to clay bar and do a paint correction?

Yes, but I agree that it maybe overkill when you're doing a full correction.

Until Adam releases a 'wax stripper' car wash many use Dawn to wash the car to remove any old protection (keeps the 'old' wax from clogging the pads when polishing).

Archived