Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help me pick out a DSLR Camera...

Chewy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this thread is a little old but Im currently shopping for DSLR and im between the Nikon D5100 and the Canon T3i, Im also hoping to have it by May before the detailing clinic at Thompson Racing. I like the Nikon better so far because:

1) the menus are better and it shows you different pictures next to the settings to kinda show you the difference in the picture between the different settings

2) it feels great in my hand

3) it's more compact and actually looks better and cleaner, especially from the backside.

4) It has an autofocus mode when shooting video

5) picture quality is unreal

What do you guys think?

I sure like my Nikon D90. It just seemed to feel better than the Canons at the time. It always felt to have better body and lens quality feel. At any price point, Canons tend to have the edge in pure some specs (megapixels) and if you are really serious about lenses and have plenty of money Canon offers a strong line.

I would go with the one you feel best. They both will take great images and a lot depends on the person using the camera in composition, exposure, and using the camera at his maximum potential (how you meter light, depth of field control, etc). For the Nikon, the 18 to 105 is a really nice everyday lens (weight, image quality, etc).

I would go with the one you feel best. They both will take great images and a lot depends on the person using the camera in composition, exposure, and using the camera at his maximum potential (how you meter light, depth of field control, etc). For the Nikon, the 18 to 105 is a really nice everyday lens (weight, image quality, etc).

That's exactly how I think, I was hoping to see that maybe someone will give me reasons to consider Canon, but it seems to me like they are both great cameras and it comes down to personal preference

That's exactly how I think, I was hoping to see that maybe someone will give me reasons to consider Canon, but it seems to me like they are both great cameras and it comes down to personal preference

It is personal preference. I used Nikons for years but after trying Canon have switched to the Canon side as I like the user interface better and the feel of the camera.

Archived