Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant

BespokeCar

Question

Lets just say that the truck hasn't had a fresh application of glass sealant in about 7 months. It's my DD, sees rain, snow, sleet, sun, washer fluid to remove frost, you name it and its probably seen it all while sitting outside every day. Needless to say a steady rain still beads up and runs directly off.

I'm hoping to get a nice day during my winter break so that I can get the truck strip washed, clayed, sealed, and waxed before winter hits since the truck hasn't seen a 2-bucket wash in 6 months...

PS: Don't ban me! Lol. Not enough time to dedicate to a detail when I have homework and exams.

Will washer fluid harm the sealant?

If your using the winter washer fluid, that's good for temps below freezing, it contains alcohol that will removing any sealants on your windshield and remove sealants from your paint.

If your using the winter washer fluid, that's good for temps below freezing, it contains alcohol that will removing any sealants on your windshield and remove sealants from your paint.

Ok that makes sense. I've been wondering why if I needed to use my wipers it would haze up. Now I know!