Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant

BespokeCar

Question

I agree with Jason. I have done all of our cars and some others and my Olds still has the water run off above 40mph. I do think that a couple of applications over a few weeks seals it even better. I haven't done my car in over 2 months and it still works great. I will put on one more application in anticipation of the wonderful snow and salt in Northeast Ohio.

No, haven't tried it yet. Just trying to get an idea before I decide if I want to buy or not.

Go for it. You'll find it better than the ****X stuff. I haven't put it on mine in about a month or better, and still people look at me because I don't have my wipers on in the rain.:lolsmack:

Stuff works amazing! Used to use the other stuff, but the other stuff doesn't come close!

Remember to clay your glass first. I use the Glass Cleaner as lube for the clay. Not sure if Dylan recommends it, but works for me. Also, I use two microfiber glass towels. One to clean, the second to dry.

Stuff works amazing! Used to use the other stuff, but the other stuff doesn't come close!

Remember to clay your glass first. I use the Glass Cleaner as lube for the clay. Not sure if Dylan recommends it, but works for me.

Hmmm... I've never tried the glass cleaner to lube on the glass, but good idea Eric. Might have to try that.

Hmmm... I've never tried the glass cleaner to lube on the glass, but good idea Eric. Might have to try that.

Really? That's how Adam shows it in his vids from right before it was released.

It's the ONLY way I use clay on the glass. lol

Chris

I know... I just didn't know many people were going that way. I clay my glass at the same time I do the rest of the vehicle so I just keep going with the DS. No sense in changing products.

My thoughts were to keep any of the polymer/oils off the glass before sealing, but perhaps you clean the glass before applying the sealant...???

I got around 2k miles when I treated my wind shield. It was put through hail, snow, rain, and lots of sun... Probly 15 or so washes. I apply it heavy and probly use more product than I should LOL. I need to crack open a new bottle being that Ive used it all up for demos n such...

My aunt wants to use it on all her trucks (she owns a fleet of 50 something 18 wheelers)

If one were to apply the glass sealant to the side windows, would using BG on those windows remove the glass sealant?

Brilliant Glaze will degrade the Glass Sealant over time. How much? Hard to say on my end...I mean I clay my glass every three months regardless.

So if ****X lasts me 4-6 months, then Glass sealant will last longer than that?

Adam's Glass Sealant has 4-5 times the active ingredient of the Over the Counter Windshield protectant.

I've never used ****X, but now use Adams glass sealant. Works great for me and lasts 6 months or more. But my car although a DD spends most of it's life in the garage when not in motion.

Quick question for the experts can the sealant be used on plastic headlight lenses?

I would bet that quick sealant would be more applicable for plastic headlight lenses and glass sealant for glass, but I'm no expert.

Headlights? Quick Sealant all day. Anytime I correct lenses, QS is the FIRST thing I reach for.

Mook

Thanks Mook, I've been using Americana but it does seem that Quick sealant would be the correct product and would be long lasting.

At the Spring VW Clinic, I corrected some headlights, then Sealed them.

To this day, they still look crisp.

Don't they Baker? :jester: