Customer Service 866.965.0400

Properly Applying and Removing a Car Cover - The Video!

Junkman2008

Question

The title says it all. Just follow the directions for a scratch free technique of applying and removing your car cover. :cheers:

The Junkman

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWURKK06R8A&feature=plcp&context=C3bd9748UDOEgsToPDskKDGyFZKtUW76mUoV1ZajiM]Properly Applying and Removing Your Car Cover - YouTube[/ame]

AJ where do you store your cover to keep it clean???

In the bag that I bought with the cover. :thumbsup:

Yes, the covers can be washed but the way that they are washed is specifically stated by the manufacturer and can be different from cover to cover. Washing a cover incorrectly can destroy it. Not necessarily physically, but in the way it provides UV protection and breaths.

My car will only be in the garage kept, so that wouldn't matter. I am very worried about the finish on the car going to crap! The car came with sooooo many swirls it wasn't funny. Maybe I should look into a new cover. Might not be the cheapest, but it will be the smartest!!!

I can tell you two things NOT to do when washing your cover. 1)- Do NOT use powder soap. 2)- DO NOT put the cover in dryer with any sort of heat.

I destroyed my Evolution 4 cover by doing this. It might look fine, but everytime I took off my car it left a white powdery dust on the paint. Needless to say, I don't use that cover anymore.

If anything treat it as if it was a MF. That is if you can't find any care instructions.

I think that CHEAP car covers are bad. A quality car cover will breath and not present the issues you speak of. Not everyone needs the most expensive cover on the market. You should only buy as much cover as you need. Covercraft makes a variety of indoor AND outdoor covers that are specific in their application.

Here's their fabric guide that you can use to pick out a cover that best fits your needs.

I think that CHEAP car covers are bad. A quality car cover will breath and not present the issues you speak of. Not everyone needs the most expensive cover on the market. You should only buy as much cover as you need. Covercraft makes a variety of indoor AND outdoor covers that are specific in their application.

Here's their fabric guide that you can use to pick out a cover that best fits your needs.

Thanks AJ!! The pervious owner would put the car outside from time to time covered, I kave it in the garage and if I put it out over night I would not cover it, because that meant I drove it. I think after reading all this I need to get a indoor cover!!!

Informative video, but I still have a question.

I'm buying a technalon car cover for the UV protection because I'm going on a vacation to a beach house.. The house doesnt have a garage :(

I MIGHT not be able to wash my car there, so worst case scenerio, what should I do? Wash and wax at my house, drive there, california dust and cover it?

I have a cover for the Firebird, but it came with the car and is full of tire dressing ( were it touches the wheels) and is dirty! Can these be washed?? I haven't used it since I corrected the car because I did not want to mess up my detail job!

AJ where do you store your cover to keep it clean???

if the car is going to be outside, dont cover it! lol

nice vid AJ

It's going to be outside 7 days, and I might not be able to wash it. Would it still be better to not cover it? It's going to be on the beach with the hot sun, maybe some florida rain, and sand blowing around.

I think you would be better off with a pop up canopy staked into the ground..

with the wind blowing, sand and dust will get caught underneath and constantly rub on the finish..

Informative video, but I still have a question.

I'm buying a technalon car cover for the UV protection because I'm going on a vacation to a beach house.. The house doesnt have a garage :(

I MIGHT not be able to wash my car there, so worst case scenerio, what should I do? Wash and wax at my house, drive there, california dust and cover it?

If the car is dusty or dirty, you would never cover it. If you're in Florida, you had better have plenty of wax on the car, preferable Machine Superwax.

I actually live in S. FL, I have a 2011 Challenger SRT8 392

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/hand-polishing/14528.htm

I just got into the Adams produtcs and car is out doors 24/7

Mon - Thurs its my daily driver Friday car is washed and covered till Mon Morn.

I live in a Condo (for now) so I plan to wash Fridays clay as needed and wax and glaze in between waxes.

If the car is dusty or dirty, you would never cover it. If you're in Florida, you had better have plenty of wax on the car, preferable Machine Superwax.

Archived