Customer Service 866.965.0400

Might need a new screenname soon...

Sizzle Chest

So, I am seriously entertaining the idea of selling the Nasty ZO6. I know, I know...don't kill me! lol

Want to try/go in another direction...one that is a little more exotic/foreign.

I am looking at a slightly used 997 turbo Porsche (911/Carrera) I test drove one the other day and fell in love with it. Very refined, excellent fit and finish both inside and out. It had 'decent' power and was smooth. (The Z has absolutely destroyed my sense of 'fast'...it is just so **** fast everything else feels slow, LOL!)

I really liked the car and Becky does as well--which obviously is a huge part of the equation since she will be my roadtrip partner riding shotgun!

She had a Boxter a few years back and loves these 'P'-cars.

Anywho, give me your thoughts/opinions/comments/etc. All are welcome!

***And if anyone is interested in the 'Vette, or knows someone who would be, please drop me a line!***

Thanks!

:burnout:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhm... Yeah... Porsche's are GREAT cars. My dad had 4 of them... They are built with one thing in mind... Going around corners and doing it with speed. The interiors, while sparse, are well thought out and well put together. Something the Americans are slowly learning...

I am certainly biased, currently owning 4, but they are wonderful machines. There's also a reason the company is near the top in reliability surveys the last couple of years. A good friend and customer just picked up a brand new 2011 Cayenne Turbo...super nice and plenty fast! Another P car nut I know "lends" me his GT3 once in a while just so I can keep all of my neighbors confused. Good luck with the purchase if you decide to go for it.

- Darryl

:explode:Your letting NASTY go???

I suppose if your going to get rid of it that the Carrera is a great choice and an awesome looking machine.

Here is my vision basilikum.giffor the future though...nothing you buy will compare to NASTY and you will be modifying whatever you buy just because you will not be satisfied with the performance even though your choice will out perform alot of other cars.

Ask me how I know. :help::willy::help:

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I'm leaning towards the metallic black or a dark metallic grey...geez, the white looks tough though!

I know everything and anything will pale in comparison to the performance of what I have now. That is something I have been weighing...however, I know this is crazy, how much do you really 'need' or can you 'use' on the street? Seriously. 2nd gear and I can be in some serious trouble! lol

Glad to hear the positive feedback from current owners.

Yes, the interior is a bit small, but I'm not that big of a guy and seems like it is enough for even a long (2 week) road trip. Room for some bags in the 'trunk' and some in the back (so called) seats--lol!

Don't know when this will be transpiring...could be sooner or later depends on a few things...

Anyhow, keep the comments coming and I will be sure to keep all of my Adam's people in the loop!

:banana:

The Porsche is a nice car, no doubt about that. A different kind of performance than the Corvette, like you said a bit more teutonic and refined. If I ever bought a foreign car again Porsche would be on the short list. Good luck on your decision.

Bruce

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I'm leaning towards the metallic black or a dark metallic grey...geez, the white looks tough though!

I know everything and anything will pale in comparison to the performance of what I have now. That is something I have been weighing...however, I know this is crazy, how much do you really 'need' or can you 'use' on the street? Seriously. 2nd gear and I can be in some serious trouble! lol

Glad to hear the positive feedback from current owners.

Yes, the interior is a bit small, but I'm not that big of a guy and seems like it is enough for even a long (2 week) road trip. Room for some bags in the 'trunk' and some in the back (so called) seats--lol!

Don't know when this will be transpiring...could be sooner or later depends on a few things...

Anyhow, keep the comments coming and I will be sure to keep all of my Adam's people in the loop!

:banana:

The question you have to ask yourself is; "how small is my wiener?" lol

Do you HAVE to have the fastest car in town? You gain HUGE cred with the Porsche...

Chris

If you want a road trip mobile I would get one of these. Then I can live out my fantasy car through you. :lol: The Porsche would be an awesome car as well. I know I would have touble staying out of those silver bracelets the cops carry if I had your Z06

If you want a road trip mobile I would get one of these. Then I can live out my fantasy car through you. :lol: The Porsche would be an awesome car as well. I know I would have touble staying out of those silver bracelets the cops carry if I had your Z06

Being a drug dealer doesn't help your chances either. :lolsmack:

I'm sure he is with what he currently drives.

Good point :2thumbs:

But before you do anything push your OnStar button and tell them you want to enter the "Push On" sweepstakes. 10 winners will get the GM vehicle of their choice. The only exclusion is the Volt. Makes no sense to me but you can win a ZR-1 or a CTS-V Wagon but no to the Volt :lol:

Must of gotten tired of people saying that your Z06 is still just a Chevrolet!!

But I'm kind of with Ray on this, if you need a little more room for traveling, the new CTS-V Coupe is a beautiful car with performance. I guess that I've never been that into "P" cars, kindof like a glorified VW, but that is just my opinion.

But in the end it is your decision, I guess you gotta do what makes you happy.

Flame Suit On

Bluezey:pc:

Archived